- Pam's Kitchen - An amazing Trinidadian restaurant in the U-district that was featured on Diner's Drive-ins and Dives. No matter what you think about Guy Fieri's persona he has good taste. Trust me and get the goat curry or the pelau with a side of the callaloo. If you're up for a drink the Sorrel rum punch is an amazing blend of hibiscus, cinnamon, clove, and other spices. Please bring your patience. You might have to wait a bit to get your order in and receive your food but it is well worth the wait.
- Taste of India - A great Indian restaurant in the U-district. The spinach naan is fantastic; unfortunately they no longer serve beer.
- Voula's Offshore Cafe - Another Diner's Drive-ins and Dives discovery. Another place that might not be the fastest but is worth the wait. Don't pass up the pinata benedict. They start off buttery english muffins topped with their amazing house-smoked pork. They top that with perfectly poached eggs and chipotle hollandaise sauce. I thought I didn't like poached eggs or hollandaise sauce until I tried this.
- Beecher's Cheese - You can watch them make cheese while you're eating the world's best mac and cheese at Pike Place Market. This is a stop on my carb-fest tour of Pike Place ;)
- Piroshky Piroshky - Step two of the carb-fest tour. The beef or the potato cheese and onion are my favorite. Grab a friend and split a cup of mac and cheese and a piroshky.
- Le Panier - Step three of the ultimate carb-fest. Come here for the tiny french macaroons, especially the pistachio.
- Senor Moose - A great authentic Mexican restaurant in Ballard. They have a fantastic breakfast menu and awesome tres leches cake. Don't miss the esquites appetizer.
- The People's Pub - Don't be thrown by the empty dark bar you walk into in Ballard. Keep walking to the back room and order some amazing german food. I recommend the paprika schnitzel.
- La Carte De Oaxaca - Another Ballard favorite. Everything is awesome. It's worth the wait for a table. :)
- Peso's Kitchen - If you can skip work some weekday morning they have awesome breakfast happy hour deals. You must try the chicken fried steak with jalapeno-corn gravy.